Friday, November 16, 2012

W9_Mohammed_Time needed for quality blog



Problem definition
What is the daily time required to create a quality Blog? Considering that I usually spending three days a week to complete my blog. I have learned by experience that the best time is 25 min daily, although the longest time I spent is 90 min per day, but most likely I can complete the blog in 45min daily. To determine the suitable time needed to do a quality blog, here I consider the best case worst case and most likely scenario.

Development of the feasible alternatives
I was spending more or less between the following times:
A. 25min
B. 45min
C. 90min

Develop the outcomes for each alternative
The duration given above is vary and depend on the efforts done by me, therefore the most concentration I have the shorter duration needed for such a quality blog.

Accepted Criteria
The analysis used in this chapter is the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT). PERT uses three estimates to define an approximate range for an activity’s duration as follows:
Most likely: The duration of the activity, given the resources likely to be assigned, their productivity, realistic expectations of availability for the activity, dependencies on other participants, and interruptions.
Optimistic: The activity duration is based on analysis of the best-case scenario for the activity. • Pessimistic: The activity duration is based on analysis of the worst-case scenario for the activity.

Analysis and comparison of the alternatives


Best Case
Worst Case
Most likely
Average
25 min
90 min
45 min

-First: Calculation of the Pert duration:
(Optimistic Dur + 4* Most likely + Pessimistic Dur) / 6
The Mean Duration is = (25+4*45+90) / 6 = 295/6 = 49.2min mean duration
-Second: Calculation of the Standard Deviation and the Variance
90 (Pessimistic) – (Optimistic) 25 = 65 min
Sigma = 65/6 = 10.8
Variance = (10.8)² = 116.6

Bell Curve, Author
Selection of the preferred alternatives
As per the best case worst case, most likely scenario graph shown above, taking a percentage of 90% as the most likely case, I shall spent not less than 64.7min on daily basis to do a quality blog.

Performance monitoring and the post evaluation of results
Spending an average of 64.7min is facilitating my latest blogs, since I used to prepare and issue them in a short time and good shape comparing with first blogs.

Conclusion
The time needed for creating and developing a good blog is vary depend on the topic and the time should be spent on daily basis, taking my case I found that it’s better to spent not less than 64.7min daily as to get my blog done on the exact target date.

References
* Giammalvo, Paul D (2011). AACE certification Preparation Course 2011, Day2, 64-66.
* Elrashid, M. (2011). W4_What the real time I should spent for creating an acceptable Blog. Retrieved from http://www. Kristal2011aace.wordpress.com
* Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK-Fourth Edition, 6,150.

1 comment:

  1. Good case study Mohammed, but I would much rather see you conduct this analysis as a LEARNING CURVE problem.

    I will accept this, but for your next posting, I would like to see you revisit the learning curve problem. Let's see if you are cutting down the learning curve....

    BR,
    Dr. PDG, Jakarta

    ReplyDelete